I am interested in both theoretical and practical sides of Natural Language Processing. Currently I'm focusing on production side of ML/NLP, aka software engineering for ML/NLP in some multi-modal settings.
Skills and proficiency
- Natural languages
- Japanese (native)
- English (not bad: TOEIC 935/990, IELTS Academic overall 7.0/9.0)
- German (beginner)
- Programming languages
- Python 3.x
- TypeScript (Node.js backend)
- Rust (beginner; used in previous project)
- Go (beginner; used in previous project)
- Haskell (learning)
- Frameworks and tools
- PyData stack (Numpy/Scipy/Pandas/Scikit-learn/Jupyter)
- Some machine learning toolkits (PyTorch, Triton Inference Server, ...)
- GCP (BigQuery, AI-Platform, Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, GKE)
- AWS (as an ECS user)
- Apache Beam (via Scio, and Java API)
- (Please contact me.)
- M.E. in Information Science (Natural Language Processing), Nara Institute of Science and Technology
- Computational Linguistics Lab.
- Research subjects: Japanese SRL and educational NLP for ESL learners.
- Teaching assistant: NAIST Spring Seminar, Mar. 2012.
- Funding: NAIST Creative and International Competitiveness Project 2012.